Full Stack Teacher
Mindera School - Full-stack developer teacher (m/f)
Part-Time - based in Porto, Portugal
We are looking for our next Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore for our Mindera School. Do you have the magic that it takes to do it?
In Mindera School we give every young person passionate about technology the opportunity to learn how to program and prepare them to start working.
For our Full-Stack developer teacher, we are looking for someone passionate about humans and technology, combined with a strong methodical and planning skillset.
You will interact with everyone in the company, but especially with our students and our developers who also teach.
We are counting on your experience in the following areas:
- Generic computer science knowledge (from pseudo code to Object-Oriented Programming and how to debug code)
- High knowledge in Java
- Version control (Git)
- Teaching experience
Would be a plus to have good knowledge in:
- Relational Databases / SQL
- SOLID principles
- (Unit) Testing
- Build systems (Jenkins, Travis..)
- Code Conventions
And, of course, teaching is what you love the most!
Being able to think of people first is key for this role: communication, trust and collaborative work, will be as relevant as any other skills, capability or experience.
You are good at
- Keeping records of the class progress and class materials;
- Knowing your value and feeling assured of your role in the group/team - self-awareness is a must;
- Always aspiring to do a great job, no matter how big or small the task is;
- Engaging with people around you and striving to have mostly a positive impact;
- Communicating and teaching in a creative way.
You rock at
- Sharing your knowledge and positive energy;
- Dealing with young people;
- Being extremely organized and structured in your thinking and in the processes you take responsibility;
- Being self-driven, energetic, disciplined and be able to take a loose project description and drive it to completion, with little help;
Knowing what to do whilst not having a to-do list given by someone.
- Politics-free work culture built on the principles of lean, self-organization and self-management;
- An opportunity to work in an IT company that is growing in a sustainable way;
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Are you the one we are looking for? :)
If so, apply now! Send us your CV and the answer to the questions below.