Payroll & Accounting Specialist (m/f)
About the Job
As a Payroll & Accounting Specialist you will have a love for numbers combined with a strong business sense.You will be part of a team, and being able to put people first is key to this role: communication, trust, collaborative work will be as relevant as any payroll and statutory accounting experience.
You will be part of making critical business decisions, mainly perform Payroll, analysing and presenting relevant data. You will also perform accounting tasks and governmental procedures and share, update, analyse and record data that is relevant for our people and our organisation in Portugal and other locations.
Knowledge of Transfer Pricing, UK GAAP and IFRS will be valued, as you will be working with UK, Indian and US accountants for Month and Year End closing,
The goal is to contribute to the decision making process that will ensure business sustainability.
Expected travelling time (UK): 0%-10%, varies according to organisational needs.
You rock at
- Committed to open and flat communication according Mindera’s culture and self-organization principles;
- Critical thinking and problem solving with focus on solutions;
- Being self-driven and aspire to do a great job, no matter how big or small the task is;
You are good at
- Prepare payroll system for monthly payroll processing;
- Perform the calculation and settlement of the monthly payroll;
- Process changes related to status, taxes, deductions and leaves;
- Fully responsible for end to end payroll process using PHC, ensuring 100% accuracy and processing all the different elements as required (i.e. overtime, absence, leaves, etc.)
- Produce special reports as required;
- Support Accounting team with reconciliations and accruals;
- Data analysis (revenue, costs, expenses, trends, forecasting);
- Managing Cash Flow, Bank Reconciliation, Payments and circularization;
- Organizing accounting documents and supporting staff needs (including T&E expenses);
- Monitoring taxes, posting journal and regulatory requirements that can impact the accounting/labour/fiscal/financial area will be valuable;
- Accounting-specific software program knowledge (PHC payroll, management & accounting, assets modules knowledge will be valued).
- You value people and interactions built on trust, commitment and empathy.
- You also have experience in working with financial accounting with medium/large companies with international locations.
- Engaging and empathic work culture built on the principles of lean and self organisation;
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing business in Portugal connected to our international locations;
- Competitive salary and benefits.